Sun, 8:15am & 10:30am (at the church)
Mon, 10am (at Senior Living Centers - see bulletin for locations)
Tue-Thu, 8am (in the chapel)
Fri: 8am, Liturgy of the Word with Communion (in the chapel)
~ consult bulletin for changes ~
- There is a saying that singing is like praying twice. The goal of our music at Mass is to help draw us into a deeper communion with God. At St. Michael’s we are pleased to have cantors and four vocal choirs, as well as a Bell Choir. If you have a gift for singing we invite you to join us as we sing to the Lord!
- Cantor Ministry
- In our parish, the cantors are the soloists who lead us in song (accompanied by our Music Director, Tim Schramm, on the organ or piano). Rehearsals are arranged on an individual basis, and vocal coaching is available if desired. Cantors can be scheduled on a very flexible basis. This is a year round ministry.
- Contemporary Music Ensemble (Faith Works)
- This group sings from September through June twice a month at the 4:30 p.m. Mass, with rehearsals Thursdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the church. Time commitment is flexible. An audition is required.
- Mixed Adult Choir
- This group sings twice a month at the 10:30 a.m. Mass from September through June as well as at our Holy Week and Easter liturgies. Rehearsals are Thursdays from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. in the church. Ability to read music is helpful but not necessary. No audition required.
- Resurrection Choir
- This ministry group provides music for church funeral liturgies, and is made up of singers that are available during weekdays. Practice is usually done prior to funerals. No audition required.
- Youth Choir
- This group consists of youth members (generally 10 years old and up) of the parish who are vocalists, instrumentalists, or both! Practice generally takes place after specific 10:30 a.m. Masses.
- The Hand Bell Choir
- Our Bell Choir plays at Christmas, Easter, and a few times throughout the year. Rehearsals have typically been Wednesdays from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the school but we are in need of new members and open to new times.
- Instrumental Ministry
- If you are interested in being part of our Music Ministry at St. Michael’s, please contact our Music Director, Tim Schramm at 585-339-8546.
UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK
In re Diocese of Rochester Case No. 19-20905
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT,
On September 12, 2019, the Diocese of Rochester ("Diocese
") filed for protection under chapter 11 of title 11 of the United States Code (the "Bankruptcy Code
The Bankruptcy Court has established August 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (prevailing Eastern time) as the deadline to file proofs of claim against the Diocese (the "Bar Date"). If you have a claim against the Diocese, including, without limitation, a claim related to sexual abuse committed by any person connected with the Diocese, you must file a claim on or before the Bar Date.
Please visit https://case.stretto.com/rochesterdiocese
or call (855) 347-3773 for more information on how to file your proof of claim.
IF YOU DO NOT TIMELY FILE A PROOF OF CLAIM, YOU MAY FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE ON ANY PLAN OF REORGANIZATION AND TO SHARE IN ANY DISTRIBUTIONS MADE TO CREDITORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE DEBTOR'S CHAPTER 11 CASE.