- 1855 – St. Michael’s Newark was first established as a mission church of St. Michael’s in Lyons.
- 1863 – We became incorporated as a parish while remaining a mission of Lyons.
- 1897 – The land for our present site on the corner of South Main St. and Franklin was purchased.
- 1903 – Dedication of our current building and we became an independent parish (no longer a mission church of Lyons)
- 1911 – The organ originally purchased from a Jewish synagogue in 1903 was renovated.
- 1930 – New organ installed
- 1937 – Land for St. Michael’s School was purchased.
- 1954 – School opened
- 2011 – After many years of serving our community, this was a sad time when our school closed due to declining enrollment.
- 1869-1876 – Rev. Francis Clark and Rev. Patrick Lee
- 1876-1888 – Rev. John Hickey
- 1888-1903 – Rev. Daniel Kavannaugh
- 1903-1927 – Rev. James Gibbons
- 1927-1945 – Rev. John Ganey
- 1945-1957 – Rev. Henry Doebecker
- 1957-1975 – Rev. Joseph McDonnell
- 1975-1980 – Rev. Peter Deckman
- 1980-1995 – Rev. Edward Steinkirchner
- 1995-2007 – Rev. Peter Clifford
- 2007-2008 – Rev. Mark Brewer
- 2009-2015 – Rev. Felix Dalix Dalimpuo
- In November 2015, Fr. Felix died unexpectedly while on a trip home to Ghana. Until June 2016, the parish was led by Patricia Albrecht who had been Pastoral Associate for many years with Fr. Anthony Nkeitiah providing the sacraments.
- 2016 – Present – Rev. Jeffrey S. Tunnicliff
Priests From Our Parish
- Rev. Thomas Roache
- Rev. John Randall
- Rev. Lawrence Murphy
- Rev. B. Thomas Celso
- Rev. John Colacino
- Rev. Stephen Baumann
Religious From Our Parish
- Sr. Virginia Bostwick
- Sr. Margaret Cass
- Sr. Virginia Whelan